BROOKLYN – The Dimitrios & Georgia Kaloidis Parochial School of the Church of the Holy Cross in Brooklyn recently held an open house hosted Principal Francesca Mannino.
Classes range from Pre-K to 8th grade and the school’s mission statement can be found on its website: http://www.dgkschool.com
“We, as educators, strive to promote the expression of the Orthodox Christian way of life. We believe every child is unique and learning is an individualized and ongoing process. We recognize our opportunity and mutual obligation to develop within each child the skills, virtues and habits of heart and mind needed to meet the challenges of an ever-changing society. Through mutual respect our students will grow and learn in a positive atmosphere, where faculty, staff, parents and students together are enthusiastic about the learning process. To this end in attaining our philosophy we strive:
• To teach and practice Orthodox Christian values
• To help each student develop to his/her potential in an atmosphere which promotes self-esteem and confidence.
• To cultivate an appreciation and respect for others
• To identify the relationship among various subjects through a holistic approach to teaching which incorporates culture, religion and citizenship
• To promote cooperative learning in a mutually supportive environment which allows each child to perform to the best of his/her ability
• To employ teachers who present themselves as positive role models and create a nurturing environment in the classroom
• To maintain open channels of communications between school and home recognizing that the student is at the center
The post Kaloidis Parochial School Holds Open House in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn appeared first on The National Herald.Source: The National Herald