CNN made an extensive tribute to nine of the best Greek islands supporting that in Greece every traveler can find just the island that suits to its likens.
So why visit the Greek islands?
1. Santorini: For the best view with the white alleys climb wild rocks, the crystal clear waters, colorful beaches and of course the famous sunsets.
2. Mykonos: The island is known internationally for its rich nightlife, and for many is the Greek Ibiza.
3. Naxos: The largest island of the Cyclades gives visitors the best picture of a quiet provincial life.
4. Paros: The other cosmopolitan island of Cyclades, which although attracts many cosmopolitan and famous, is better known to fans of kitesurfing and windsurfing since the August winds make it the ideal place for this kind of sports.
5. Milos: None of the Cycladic islands do not have the variety and beauty of the beaches of this island. Some with white sand, others with white rocks, but all offer the traveler a unique experience.
6. Ikaria: Mainly for nature lovers, the island, although relatively little has a fantastic terrain of mountains and forests to rivers and lakes.
7. Koufonisia: The best place for rest and relaxation after its long distance from the port of Piraeus and the subsequent lack of high tourist traffic, gives the island an advantage.
8. Folegandros: The best getaway for couples, with stunning views and beautiful streets.
9. Crete: Famous for many things including the beaches, but what makes the island unique are the delicacies which the visitors will surely appreciate.